I have put together 6 simple and easy steps your can start implementing today to give your body, mind and spirit the support it needs to thrive this holiday season.
1. Boost immunity with OnGuard Essential oil! This powerhouse blend not only boosts immunity, but it also aids in detox and smells like the Holidays! Diffuse, put one drop of the bottoms of feet ever day or add 1 drop to 8oz of warm water or tea and sip!
2. Get sleep! Shut off devices (yes that means ALL electronics) 30 minutes before bedtime! Listen to quiet music, affirmations or write in a gratitude journal of everything you are grateful for! Use essential oils to shut down your mind and aid in sleep. My favorites are Serenity, Lavender, Vetiver, Copaiba and Wild Orange!
3. Drink Water! Take your body weight, divide that in half and try to consume that many ounces in water daily. This aids in detox and helps our brain, heart, liver and overall body. Adding Wild Orange, Lemon, Grapefruit or Tangerine essential oils give your water an amazing flavor AND helps our body to eliminate what is no longer needed. It also BOOST immunity and helps to alkaline our body.
4. Think “Happy Thoughts”. Yes! You read that right! What we focus on expands. Instead of thinking of all the to-dos and feeling overwhelmed with the check lists, family, gift buying, food prep and the other 100 plus things on your list and you want stop scream……… just STOP! When you feel the wave of anxiousness wrapping around your shoulder, take a DEEP breath. A really deep breath and just let it all out. Do this 5 times and then say, “All is perfect, all is well. I am exactly where I need to be and everything is happening in perfect timing.” Essential oils to Uplift are Wild Orange, Peppermint, Cheer, Motivate, Citrus Bliss and Essential oils to ground are Balance, Copaiba, Vetiver and Frankincense.
5. Be grateful! Yes, it’s the holidays and YES it can be overwhelming. However, when we strop and think of everything we are grateful for, life seems so much easier. Some of my favorite things that I am beyond grateful for are: God, My health, husband, kids, family, abundance, the sun, fresh air, clean water, holidays, food, bullet proof coffee, friends, kindness…. you get the drift. If you are reading this, you are more abundant than the majority of the humans on planet earth! You have electricity, the world wide web and a device to connect to others. When we really stop and think about it…. We are blessed!
6. Move your body…. Whatever that is for you! When we are active it sends messages to our body that “I am alive” Our heart, brain, lungs and every corner of our bodies thrive when we move them. Take time to go to the gym just 3 times a week, go on a walk, do lunges or sit ups while watching your favorite TV show, park further away, take the stairs or just wake up in the morning and do stretches. YES YOU DO have time for you! Even if it is just 10-15 minutes a day. Start small and then work your way up from there. Not only does this add value to your life, but it also helps eliminate stress, tension and feelings of overwhelm. Essential oils to help with movement are Deep Blue, Frankincense, Lemongrass and Peppermint.
I hope these tips help inspire you to be well and take care of the most important gift this season.... YOU!
I invite you to join me on Facebook for More essential oil tips, tricks and support in supporting overall body, mind and spirit on our page called:
"Essential Oils Make Scents" Click HERE!
What steps do you take during the holidays to stay well? I am always looking for more ways to keep healthy and share them too. Thanks in advance!
Be well my friends,